Hydrotherapy refers to the effects of the soaking water and the properties of joint application of the specific therapy techniques.
Physiotherapy in the aquatic environment can be done individually or in groups, as the sole treatment and as a complement to other therapeutic modality.
Benefits of physiotherapy in the aquatic environment:
- Pain relief
- Reduction of edema
- Stretching the muscles
- Increased muscle strength
- Mobilization spinal
- Strengthening the muscles of the spine
- Increase / maintenance of range of motion
- Promotion of cardiovascular and respiratory function
- Rehabilitation activities functional
- Recovery Butch, balance standing, sitting ...
- Fall Prevention
- Decrease in muscle spasm
- Facilitation of movement
- Improvement of posture
- Sense of physical and mental well-being
- Social interaction